Neshama & Nourishment
By Liorah Abrams
[This is not an actual photo of this recipe! Try it yourself to see what they look like exactly! :)]
Fast and Fab “Mini” Chocolate Chip Cookies
"As children, we are rewarded with treats for saying words of Torah. As adults, we must continue to find the sweetness in Torah, and then as Torah fills our lives, so will sweetness." ~ Liorah
* medium mixing bowl
* baking sheet/tray
* cooling rack
* 1 cup Brown Sugar
* 2 tsp. Oil (vegetable or canola)
* 1/4 cup Margarine (I like Smart Balance Light)
* 2 Egg Whites
* 1 tsp Vanilla
* 1/2 tsp Salt
* 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
* 1 1/2 cups Flour (I like using 1 cup white “bread” flour and 1/2 cup whole wheat, but it
works well with all white or all wheat as well)
- 1 cup Chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375˚
2. Combine brown sugar, oil and ‘softened’ margarine. Mix these ingredients together until nicely creamed.
2. Add egg whites, vanilla, salt and baking soda, and mix well.
3. Add Flour and mix. As soon as the ingredients look well blended, add the chocolate chips and mix in well.
4. Line baking tray with parchment paper and spray with Pam. Use a teaspoon to scoop small piles of dough on to tray.
5. Bake at 375˚ for 7-9 minutes. Place on cooling rack to cool. Cookies will appear a little soft when taken from the oven, but will continue to ‘firm up’ as they cool.
----- ----- ----- ----- -----
Visit LadyMama every Thursday for "Neshama & Nourishment" recipes from the kitchen of Liorah Abrams!
Read more about Liorah on the author page!