- Saves some $$
- The bulkier cloth diapers help keep the pants up on my skinny toddler!
- When my toddler falls on his bottom, there’s plenty of padding.
- It gives me what to hold onto when cuddling with my baby.
- The covers are really cute
- I don’t have to run to the store when I get low of diapers. I just have to run to my washing machine. Score.
- Hello, rinsing and washing them.
- More stuff to shlep around for public diaper changes
Despite the pros and the savings, etc., I am completely aware that this cloth diapering business is not for the faint-hearted. I have some friends who are gung-ho, and others who think I’m off my rocker.
Here’s how I do it:
I have about three dozen pre-folds in various sizes. These are the diapers which most people use as burp cloths. You know, three layers, the middle layer thicker than the rest? They are great. I also have three dozen wonderfully soft and fuzzy cloth wipes and some easy-to-make spray to clean those cute tushies.