Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Happy Mom Tip: The off-radar phone call

Happy Mom Tips
By Rivkah Caroline

Not a bad investment for three minutes of your time! 

Got a never-ending list of people whose calls you need to return?

Take a moment and think of someone not on your radar who would really smile from hearing your voice. Think Grandmother. Think old school friend going through a hard time. You will make them feel good all day and chances are you'll feel nice too. Not a bad investment for three minutes of your time!

-----
Rivka Caroline is an Efficiency Coach that helps moms, individuals and companies be more productive. She lives with her husband and seven kids in Key Biscayne, FL.  Visit her site www.sobeorganized.com for more great solutions on exporting stress and importing fun! 

1 LadyMama voices:

Dini said... [Reply to comment]

Thank you!!

There's an elderly lady that i know, not very well - whom I haven't spoken to in a very long time. I've been meaning to, but you know how it goes...

So today, immediately after seeing your post, I called - and her number is disconnected!!!

I spent close to 2 hours tracking her down at an old age home in the area and after finding out that there are 2 ladies with the same surname and almost identical first names - I found out the one I was looking for is in hospital.

Another 45 minutes on hold and through transfers I got her room.

The nurses put the phone to her ear - she couldnt speak loud enough for me to hear her. I don't even know if she really recognized who I was, or what I was doing calling - but I think she did.

I hope she realized that I put effort into finding her and time into tracing her and I hope she realized its because I care! I just hope it does something to make her feel better...